As a cryptocurrency trader/investor and a blogger, it is essential for me to use web browsers that are safe, secure and also provide me with extra functionality to succeed in my business.
My primary browser has always been Chrome browser and recently I have started using the Brave browser. Both are incredible but do not completely fulfill my requirements in their native form.
As both these browsers allow you to add extensions to increase there capacity, I have been using them and they have made my working life far easier than it was before.
In this article, I will be discussing those extensions that I have added to my browsers and the benefits that I am getting by using them every day.
Metamask is a browser-based Ethereum wallet that also acts as a bridge between the browser and the decentralized exchange. It is can be downloaded from the chrome store or the Metamask website. To know more about on how to connect and trade using Metamask on Idex decentralized exchange, you can read this article – How to trade on Idex Decentralized Exchange with Metamask?
CoinMarketCap Price Ticker:
As the name says this extension displays real time information from CMC (coinmarketcap) like fiat value, percentage up, percentage down and etc. The primary benefit of using this extension is that you can view the realtime price of a particular cryptocurrency and get notified for the drop percentage.
- Displays information of 5 cryptocurrencies.
- You can set up your favorite 5 cryptocurrencies.
- Has an in build cryptocurrency price convertor
- Fiat currency can be changed to your local currency.
- Has both Day and Night mode for display.
- No sound notification
- Only 11 Fiat currency is available.
Privacy Badger as the name says adds privacy features to the browser. It blocks spying ads and invisible trackers. Since these features are built-in with the brave browser and are not present in the chrome browser, it is best to add this extension to the chrome browser.
This is one extension that everyone should install in order to protect themselves from phishing websites. Netcraft determines that you are visiting the correct website.
As a cryptocurrency investor and trader, you have to visit exchange and investment websites daily for your business. To be sure, whether you are visiting the correct website, you need to install this extension.
- It provides detailed information like country, hosting service, SSL certification details and etc.
- Displays the correct URL when icon is clicked.
- You have to click the icon to get details.
- Lack’s visual or sound notification.
Bitcoin Kit is an extension that tracks the performance of Bitcoin. It has features like price alert, Live charts, technical analysis, projection analysis, buy and sell recommendation and many more.
It offers everything to keep you updated about Bitcoin. I still would not recommend you to blindly follow the buy and sell recommendation feature.
How to Install extensions on Brave Browser?
If you are not sure, how to install extensions on Brave Browser? then follow the below steps to install Metamask
- Download the Brave browser then open it.
- Click on the hamburger icon(the one with three lines) at the top right-hand side corner of your Brave browser.
- Click on Settings
- Click on Extension(left-hand side menu).
- Click on Manage extensions
- Click on Web Store from the wording “Find extensions and themes in the Web Store”
- Search Metamask.
- Click on Add to Chrome.
The above five extensions are a great help for your cryptocurrency business. Although some of them might not interest or may not meet your requirements as such, still these extensions can easily fulfill your basic day-to-day needs.
I hope this article helps you and improves your knowledge before investing in cryptocurrency. If you like this article then follow us on Telegram, Twitter and Facebook. If you want to receive our weekly updates in your mail then do subscribe. Thanks for reading.